My name is Tom Walker and I am the father of 3 children, Tiffany, 19, Joey, 17 and Tommy 16. Tiffany and Joey both have C.F. Tommy does not. The first time we found out about C.F. was when Joey was diagnosed. He was about 18 months old. I'm happy to report that both Tiffany and Joey are doing wonderfully and are very healthy. Neither of them has had to spend the night in the hospital.
One reality about having children with a deadly disease is it effects the entire family. Tiffany is now a sophomore at Rim High and is doing very well She Hope's togo into Respiratory Care she was 16 in the picture below
We feel very lucky to have such healthily children. Both boys are in Little League and Tiff is in softball. I believe that living in the mountains along with praying a lot and trying not to worry too much are some of the reasons I am blessed with healthy kid Joey Is also attending Rim High and is in Wrestling
this is a more recent picture of Joe and Tom
My son, Tommy was staying over at a friend's house and the friends mother went to buy
a Lotto ticket. On returning she asked each kid what they would do if they won the lottery. One boy said he would buy all the candy he could. Another said he would buy his family a new car. When it came to Tommy's turn he spoke right up and said, "I would give all the money to C.F. so they can find a cure and save my
brothers' and sister's life".
Out of the mouth of babes.
Tommy Loves his Brother and sisters and Is always trying to help in raising money for CF Today.
1) financially supports 114 CF care centers which are located at teaching and community hospitals throughout America and provide high quality specialized care for persons with CF.
2) funds its own network of 12 CF Research Centers throughout North America.
3) provides a variety of grants to scientists to conduct CF research.
4) supports clinical trials at CF care centers to test new drug therapies.
5) offers informational publications on a variety of subjects including CF research updates, health insurance, and financial assistance programs.
6) supports CF research, medical care public policy and education programs with the help of over 250,000 volunteers. These volunteers are part of the CFF's 70 chapters and branch offices across the country. For more information call 1(800) FIGHT CF and they will provide telephone numbers for a chapter office of the CFF near you, if you would like to become a volunteer or get more involved with the CFF in any way. The national office can also provide educational materials on CF for patients and families. You may also call this number to subscribe to the Commitment, the CFF's national newsletter.
"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can fly only by embracing each other." -- Lucian de Crescenzo
Links TO CURE
Souther California's CF Chapter
What is CF M. Quinton of the University of California at Riverside found that the ... finally explained
What Causes CF
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Comprehensive Area with
multitude of Information
Mailing Address: 6431 Arlington Road, Bethesda, Maryland, 20814
SUPPORT GROUP LINKS
A listing of CF support groups worldwide
Kids Health is an award
site that is entertaining for kids and loaded with useful information.
A place to post your
or find out about other fundraisers.
CF Info Area
Excellent source for information. A sounding board for individuals with CF.
Back to Home Page
[ Next Page | Random Site | Skip It | Sites List ]